Technology & Services

Insuring Innovation

Working together with The Hartford Insurance Company

We Insure All Types Of Technology Companies

  • Technology Enterprises
  • Small Businesses
  • IT Contractor s
  • Independent Consultants
  • Home-Based Businesses
  • and Many More

Our Mission: Managing insurance risks for the Technology & Services community to maximize security, safety & profitability.

Our Specialty Technology & Services Insurance program is designed to protect the policyholder from lawsuits related to bodily injury of others, property damage to the business premise and loss of business income. We Insure You Better by providing high-quality coverage with all the essentials packaged at an affordable cost and offer value-added options to tailor each solution to your specific business needs and budget.

Great Insurance at a GREAT Price!

  • Commercial General Liability(CGL) insurance: helps protect your technology business from certain lawsuits alleging injuries or property damage that occurred as the result of your business operations. This can protect your technology business if a customer gets hurt at your offices or if your employee damages your customer’s property. It can also help protect against some claims of libel or slander.
  • Professional Liability (E&O) insurance: this coverage helps cover the costs of liability claims customers may make against your technology business related to your professional services. For example, if a client claims they lost a month’s worth of billing data due to a glitch in the software you provided, this coverage may help cover the costs incurred by your business to resolve the claim.
  • Cybercrime: We can insure you & your clients for cybercrime and loss of business income!

Security, Safety & Profitability. Contact us for all the necessary insurance guidance and coverage for your computer and IT consulting business, events and contract requirements.

For as little as $200 per month Get Covered Now

It’s Your Tech Business. It’s Your Time.

The technology services industry requires that your small business stay on top of rapidly evolving systems, software and hardware updates, client needs and so much more. Keeping pace with these developments and innovating on your own can expose technology service professionals to increasing levels of risk. Learn about the insurance coverage small technology companies and computer and IT consultants typically need and purchase from Crosslet and The Hartford.

Crosslet Insurance provides many years of important financial & risk protection expertise to deliver the best products & services for all types of Technology & Services businesses.

Something to Think About:

What if...
  • One of my company’s staff is injured in a car accident in-route to our business meeting:
    • Is my business responsible for their physical/medical injuries?
    • What about other property, vehicle, or physical injuries & damages?
    • What if they are a 1099 paid full-time Contractor ?
    • Or an uninsured Independent Contractor ?
    • How about a part-time or hourly employee?

Auto Accidents are among the costliest physical injury & property damage related claims. Where would this be covered, and do you have the proper coverage for this?Learn More

Is my business responsible for Customer accidents, injuries, property damage or business liabilities caused by Hourly, 1099 Employees or Independent Sub-Contractor s? Learn More

Did you know Auto accidents are frequently charged to your business when an on-the-job employee is involved in an auto accident? Workers' Compensation can help cover this.

Employee/staff use of personal autos for incidental business errands or meetings is a liability risk for the Business. Learn more about this here or how Hired & Non-Owned Auto (HNOA) protects your business for this liability risk.

What’s the difference between them for insurance liability risks?

Why is this important to my business? This subject is extremely important to any business owner as it has huge legal, tax and insurance implications to your business.

So, who qualifies as an employee? - Only W2 regular wage earners? Hint: Simply paying someone on a 1099 basis makes no legal or insurance distinction. You may be surprised to know some individuals legally qualify as Employees without a weekly paycheck, and the business is responsible for their business liability and Workers' Compensation! Learn More

Many businesses require Independents & Sub-Contractor s to have Workers' Compensation (or WC Exemption Certificate) as well as their own Commercial and Professional Liability insurance for their own liability protection. And that’s just good business protection.

For more information about Workers' Compensation and your liability for hourly workers, 1099 & Independent Contractor s.

For information on how to insure your regular & W2 employees with Workers' Compensation.

If you are an Independent Contractor looking for more information on Workers' Compensation or exemptions for yourself.

  • 24-hour Online Support System for billing, certificates and policy issuance & more included!
  • Business Income Coverage for loss of income due to covered events
  • Business Income for Cloud Service Interruption
  • Business Income for Essential Personnel
  • Business Owners Package (BOP) policy
  • Business Property coverage for furnishings, equipment, tools, inventory, etc.
  • Business Vehicle Insurance (personal auto policies don’t insure business use)
  • Computers & Media
  • Contractual Liability
  • Copy Infringement of Software code
  • Commercial General Liability (CGL)
  • Cyber Security
  • Cybercrime Protection
  • Data Breach or Data Privacy
  • E&O Negligence; Breach of Warranty or Representation
  • Employee Dishonesty
  • Equipment Breakdown
  • FailSafe Errors & Omissions package
  • Fraudulent Transfer Insurance
  • Inland Marine - for mobile services equipment & tools used off-premises
  • Intellectual Property Infringement
  • Laptop Coverage - Worldwide
  • Media Liability
  • Personal Injury
  • Professional Liability (Errors & Omissions)
  • Security Liability
  • Software Failures & Downtime
  • Umbrella
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Security, Safety & Profitability: Peace of Mind!

Now that you have the basic essentials; if you have employees, use a car for work, or work from home, your computer, technology or IT business may also benefit from the following coverage options:

  • Business Income Coverage: Cybercrime, Key personnel, Off-premises utilities or operations Learn More
  • Professional Liability: (Errors & Omissions) FailSafe your products & services from many risks! Including failure, contractual, downtime & cyber loss. Learn More
  • Cybercrime Coverage: Identity Theft, Malware, Worms, DOS attacks, ransomware, extortion, rogue employees, downtime. Learn More
  • Commercial Auto: Business use of your car, vehicle or truck: Learn More
  • Business Personal Property: Tools, equipment, inventory etc. from $5,000 to $100,000. Learn More
  • Data Breach Coverage: Electronic theft/loss of confidential customer data. Learn More
  • Workers' Compensation: Cover your Employees for accidents/injuries. Learn More
  • Loss of Your Business Income: Internet failures, natural disasters (even distant), power outages & outside system failures causing interruption to you & your client’s operations. Learn More

Have questions? We Have Answers! Consult with a Crosslet Business Insurance Specialist to assure your business is properly covered!